Tomato cocktails are few. Considering the Bloody Mary is such a popular cocktail, you'd think there would be more tomato cocktails right? There just isn't. We're bringing the tomato into modern day mixology with two Icelandic inspired tomato cocktails. Using the Icelandic geothermal energy and glacial spring-waters that help the growth of Icelandic tomatoes, and also a particular Icelandic vodka brand, Reyka.Below is the recipe for one of said tomato cocktails, a vodka martini. Focusing more on the freshness of the products as appose to just making a savoury tasting drink. it flips what you think of tomato cocktails a full 360 degrees. 2 out of the 3 ingredients you will have to get busy with for this one. they're really easy to make, and the time you put into it will pay of in the end, don't worry about that.
- 50 ML Reyka Icelandic Vodka
- 15 ML Strawberry infused Sweet Vermouth See Recipe Below
- 22.5 ML Roasted Tomato And Basil Cordial See Recipe Below
- Mix all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir till preferred dilution.
- Strain out into chilled coupe and garnish with a blue ice ball.
How To Make Strawberry Infused Sweet Vermouth
- Cut 200 grams of strawberries in half and mix them in a sealed jar with 500ML of sweet vermouth.
- Allow to infuse for atleast 24 hours. Shaking periodically.
How To Make Roasted Tomato And Basil Cordial
- Half 300 grams of baby tomatoes.
- Put them in the oven on a medium heat, and allow to roast for 1/2 hours. once they start to crisp and darken. take out and add to a pan on the hob.
- Add 400ML of water to the pan. if you really want to go the extra mile, use Icelandic glacier water.
- Add 300 grams of sugar to the mix and bring to a boil whilst stirring.
- Once the sugar has dissolved. simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 15 grams of fresh basil and simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Strain into a bottle. Add 1 tsp of citric acid and shake till dissolved. Refrigerate and its ready to use once cooled.