The North Star
This cocktail contains a few variations of infusion. With infusion, it helps open up a massive gateway to a whole different ball game of Home cocktails. So for this cocktail it contains an infused bourbon and an infused syrup. The cocktail is based on an old fashioned with a festive twist that will surely warm your cockles this Christmas. For the bourbon I made a Fig and vanilla infused Makers mark. The syrup contains star anise and vanilla.
- 50 ML Fig And Vanilla Infused Bourbon See Recipe Below
- 10 ML Vanilla And Star Anise Syrup See Recipe Below
- 3 Dashes Peychauds Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing jar with cubed ice.
- Stir till preferred dilution.
- Strain into a Old Fashioned glass, Over cubed ice.
- Garnish with a star anise sprayed with edible gold spray.
How To Make Fig And Vanilla Infused Bourbon
- In a jar, add one vanilla pod, cut length ways.
- Add 3 figs, quartered.
- Add 500ML Bourbon.
- Seal and store in a dark cool place, shaking periodically.
- Taste everyday, once flavourful, strain out. This should take 1 week.
How To Make Star Anise And Vanilla Syrup
- In a pan, Add 500 grams of sugar and 500ML of water.
- Bring to a boil whilst stirring.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, Add 1 vanilla pod cut length ways and 3 star anise.
- Simmer for 15/20 Minutes.
- Strain into a bottle and refrigerate till ready to use.