Smoked Gin Old Fashioned
Gin may be the first mention of the name “Old-Fashioned” in regards to a cocktail. This cocktail involves smoking with oak. Smoking the cocktail gives it that woody, aged taste that you would get with Bourbon or Rye Whisky. So dont let the Gin in this cocktail fool you into thinking its going to be a juniper forward tasting Negroni without the vermouth. This is an old fashioned through and through. So check out the recipe below for the Old Fashion Gin homage to Jerry Thomas and his 1862 guide on how to mix drinks.
- 50 ML London Dry Gin
- 1 tsb Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 Dash Angostura Bitters
- Oak Chips Smoke
- Combine Gin, sugar, and bitters in a mixing glass with cubed ice.
- Stir till preferred dilution.
- Strain into a decanter or bottle.
- Use a smoking gun with oak chips to add smoke into the bottle or decanter.
- cover the top and swirl around to infuse.
- Pour out into an old fashioned glass, over cubed ice.