The Paloma... Magarita's grapefruit cousin. When people think of tequila cocktails, their first thought is the margarita. but in mexico, the homeland of tequila, its the paloma that takes the number one spot. If you're ever needing a quick tequila mixed drink, I suggest going for a, what I like to call "quick mix paloma" which is tequila and ting. But if you want a drink with abit more, zing. I suggest going for the easysipping twist. I swap out the tequila for mezcal to make a punchy twist on the classic.
- 50 ML Mezcal
- 25 ML Agave Syrup
- 25 ML Fresh Lime Juice
- 15 ML Grapefruit Soda
- 2 Dashes Grapefruit Bitters
- 3 Dashes Saline Solution
- Top Soda water
- Add all ingredients, apart from the soda, to a shaker with cubed ice.
- Shake till cold.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with mint sprigs, dehydrated lime and grapefruit wheel.
How to make the saline solution
- Add equal parts salt and hot water
- Stir till the salt has dissolved
- Once cooled, transfer to dropper bottle