Lady Luxury Old Fashioned
An Old Fashioned cocktail recipe for the classy drinkers. It needs abit of prep time to make the ingredients, but it all pays of in the end. Using the spirit infusion method called fat-washing to make a truffle oil infused bourbon, and a champagne syrup. This one is a modern take on the luxury parties of prohibition. With chocolate, truffles and Champagne. Garnished with Champagne caviar. Take a step right into the home of The Great Gatsby…
- 50 ML Truffle Oil Fat-washed Bourbon See recipe below
- 22.5 ML Champagne Syrup See recipe below
- 5 Dashes Chocolate Bitters
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add cubed ice and stir till preferred dilution.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass, over cubed ice.
- Garnish with a tsp of champagne caviar.
How to make the Truffle Oil Fat-washed Bourbon
- In a swing top jar, Add 500ML of Bourbon.
- Then add in 50ML of Truffle Oil.
- Shake, then leave for 2 hours to settle.
- After 2 hours, Put jar into a freezer for 24 hours.
- After this you should have a thin white frozen layer atop the liquid in the jar. Thats the frozen fats from the oil, remove that and fine strain the liquid underneath with a cheese cloth.
How To Make The Champagne Syrup
- In a pan, on a hob, add 500ML of Champagne and 500grams of caster sugar.
- Stir the mix on a low heat till the sugar has dissolved.
- Avoid boiling the syrup, to keep more of that champagne flavour.
- Once sugar has dissolved, leave simmering on a low heat for 5 minutes then transfer mixture to a bottle and refrigerate.
For more on fat-washing spirits, check out my fat washing article here I’m currently in the process of putting together a page on cocktail caviar. So hang tight for that recipe!