Hula Girl Recipe
We have stripped the hula girl of her coconut bra and flowery lei and blended them together! Truth be told, I had doubts about opening with that sentence. It sounded abit, er, aggressive. but it sure does catch attention. Hula Girl is a cocktail where Tiki meets floral. based of the Pina Colada with a hula girl twist. Its a balance of all them familiar Tiki ingredients, Rum, Coconut and pineapple, with a floral edge. Just like a hula girl, its bright and punchy with a delicate touch (Yes, i did just make that comparison) Did you know, the hula dance is traditionally used to honour the gods. Aloha!
- 50 ML Flower Infused Rum See recipe below
- 20 ML Lime Juice
- 15 ML Pineapple Juice
- 25 ML Cream Of Coconut
- Stick all ingredients into a blender with 1 cup of cubed ice.
- Blend the living hell out of it (or until slushy consistency)
- Strain into coconut.
- Garnish with paper straws (because, sustainability) and edible flowers.
How To Make The Floral Infused Rum
- Take a 70CL bottle of rum.
- Add 1 Tbsp of dried chamomile into the bottle .
- Add 1 Tbsp of dried rosebuds into the bottle.
- Add 1/4 cup of viola petals into the bottle.
- Close the lid, Shake then leave in a dark place for 24 hours.
- Taste, and if floral enough, strain into a new bottle. if not, eave for a further 24 hours, then strain.