Gin Jam Sour
Jam... jam... jam, if you’re British or from the country you’re probably a lover of jam. It’s great, there is so much you can do with it and they’re countless flavours from strawberry to popcorn, you name it and there’s probably a flavour of jam.Jam is so diverse, you can even buy alcoholic jams these days, which we can all agree is a great idea for those Monday mornings.When we decide to put jam in a Cocktail, we always tend to make our own because it’s so easy and you can add so much depth into the flavour or keep it as simple as you like.With a well balance of jammy goodness and lime juice this little number is a tarty delight
- 37.5 ML London Dry Gin
- 12.5 ML Crème de cassis
- 12.5 ML Raspberry liqueur
- 15 ML Fresh Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Blackcurrant Jam
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with cubed ice.
- Shake it! Hard, you really need to infuse that jam into the cocktail. That takes some vigorous shaking!
- Strain into Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a crushed ice bowl with Raspberries and Blackberries, stick a sprig of mint in there, then sprinkle with powdered sugar
How to make a crushed ice bowl
Grab yourself a Mexican elbow (Disclaimer: the Mexican elbow is a fruit squeezer. DO NOT GRAB A MEXICANS ELBOW) Fill half of it with crushed ice and squeeze together. Once you separate it, the ice should be crushed into a little bowl shape. Then all you have to do is give it a slight tap and poke to get the bowl out, and its ready for garnishing